The Habits Academy is the most practical, effective, and science-backed course on behavior change ever created. Each lesson covers powerful ways to change your habits based on proven scientific research.
Learn exactly how to form good habits
and break bad ones as quickly as possible.
Here are some of the benefits of the course…
- Learn how to break your bad habits. Identify the root causes of your bad habits and cut them off at the source.
- Learn how to build good habits that last. Get a simple plan to overhaul your habits.
- Learn how to stop procrastinating. I'll hand you some proven methods that make it easier to get started and follow through on what you set out to do.
- Learn how to overcome failure and setbacks. Learn how to bounce back from adversity and get back on track quickly when you fall off the wagon.
- Learn how to get more out of yourself than ever before. Learn how to build the habits you need to realize your full potential.
Plain and simple, this course will help you improve your habits. Even if you don't have much time. Even if you aren't sure how to begin. And even if you have failed in the past.
You don't have to take my word for it.
Take a look at some of our distinguished alumni…
From individual students to massive companies,
these ideas have helped more than 5,700 people.
The ideas taught inside The Habits Academy have been used to train leaders at major organizations as well as thousands of individual students. 1
Here's what a few of our students have to say…
Billy started exercising more consistently and quit his habit of eating junk food every day.
“Honestly, this is one of the most practical and actionable classes I've taken, no exaggeration.
I love the bite-sized lessons. They're easy to consume and put into action. I've already started exercising more consistently and am building a handful of habits that I think will make the biggest impact in my life.
The course also helped me get over a frustrating bad habit of eating candy bars or junk around 2 to 3 p.m. everyday. I learned how to used the Notecard Method for bad habits to try and nail them down. I started experimenting, and by eating a slice of avocado with lunch, the good fat filled me up with no cravings until I got home for dinner.”
Daniel had given up on making new habits—until this course helped him start going to the gym more often.“I really enjoyed the course. The habit I decided to work on was to go to the gym more often. I decided on going Monday through Friday and just run on the treadmill for 1 to 1.5 miles. I still have times when I miss a workout, but I've been going pretty consistently for the past 3 weeks. I've been tracking my mile times as well and making good progress there.
I've honestly never had much success despite all the books and articles I've read over the years. And prior to the course, I was kind of at a point where I had given up on making new habits. I was just tired of failing.
But I started the course anyways and it just made sense to me. I'm pretty logical when it comes to most things, so I liked that the course didn't talk about getting motivated or ‘you need to want it.'”
Al loves that The Habits Academy is comprehensive without taking too much time.“This course contains the most complete material on habit formation that I've seen. There is just enough theory to explain the principles, and not so much it becomes boring. The focus of the course is to learn and develop habits without having to read or listen to too much material.”
Forming good habits and breaking bad ones
doesn't have to be rocket science.
The Habits Academy explains the best way to build better habits in a clear, easy-to-follow format.
- Learn how to build habits that stick—no matter how crazy life gets.
- Learn how to handle the chaos of life with ease. Learn to anticipate stumbling blocks and build habits that are ready for anything.
- Learn how to hold yourself accountable. Learn how to stay disciplined when boredom and fatigue set in.
- Learn how to get out of your own way. Learn how to stop being your own biggest roadblock and prevent self-sabotage.
- Learn how to overcome your toxic habits. Get strategies to help you finally quit the bad habits that have been plaguing you for years.
Who teaches this course?
Hi there, I'm James Clear and I'm the creator of The Habits Academy.
I’ve spent years talking with leading researchers about habit change as well as reading, writing, and experimenting with my own strategies and explanations to develop simple and practical ways to build better habits. This course is the culmination of all that work.
Here is a bit more about me:
- Over 8 million people read my articles each year and my work has been featured by CBS, Forbes, TIME Magazine, and more.
- Over 400,000 people subscribe to my weekly emails on how to form good habits and break bad ones.
- Over 5,700 students have taken my habits training programs.
Let me tell you more about what is inside The Habits Academy…
Everything you need. Together in one program.
In this module, you'll learn about the core philosophy of this course: small habits and tiny gains. When we start a new habit, we often think we need to change our lives overnight. This module will explain why it's actually smarter to focus on small, gradual improvements. You'll see just how significant the accumulation of small habits can be.
You'll also learn how habits work, and we'll talk about the cycle (or loop) that all habits share.
- Lesson 1: Introduction
- Lesson 2: The 1 Percent Rule: Why Small Habits Make a Big Difference
- Lesson 3: The Habits Loop and How Habits Work
- Lesson 4: How Long Does it Take to Form a New Habit?
- Lesson 5: A Simple Plan to Overhaul Your Habits
Anyone can stick to a new habit for a day, or a week, or maybe even a few weeks. We’re not interested in habits that fail, though. Module 2 will give you the essential information for building habits that will actually stick (for good).
- Lesson 6: How to Create Hot Triggers
- Lesson 7: How to Set an Anchor Task and Fit New Habits Into Your Life
- Lesson 8: How to Actually Follow Through on What You Set Out to Do
- Lesson 9: How to Get Addicted To Taking Action
- Lesson 10: How to Build a Habit That Sticks for Good
- Lesson 11: How to Be Motivated Every Day
- Lesson 12: The Secret to Breakthrough Success
The first two modules give you the basics for forming a new habit. Module 3 starts getting more into the underlying forces that shape our habits. A lot of this is brand new material I’ve never written or talked about anywhere else. In Module 3, you'll learn how to radically change your behavior through environment changes and how to design an environment that makes your habits easy.
- Lesson 13: The Invisible Engine That Drives Human Behavior
- Lesson 14: The Best Way to Rapidly Transform Your Habits
- Lesson 15: What to do When Your Willpower is Weak
- Lesson 16: How to Achieve More With Less Effort
- Lesson 17: How to Make Good Habits Automatic
In this module, you'll learn the influence of genetics on habits you want to build, how to make sure you’re only fighting battles you can win, and how to stop comparing yourself to others.
- Lesson 18: The Link Between Environment and Behavior
- Lesson 19: How to Sail Through Life with the Wind at Your Back
- Lesson 20: How to Stop Comparing Yourself to Others
In Module 5, you'll learn why one small shift in mindset can change your entire life, how to become the type of person that achieves their goals, how to stop being your own biggest roadblock, and why simplifying and doubling down on just one habit can ripple through and improve multiple areas of your life.
- Lesson 21: How One Small Habit Can Change Your Entire Life
- Lesson 22: How to Actually Stick to Your Goals
- Lesson 23: How to Stop Being Your Own Biggest Roadblock and Get Out of Your Own Way
- Lesson 24: How to Set Off a Chain-Reaction of Small Wins
In this module, you'll learn how feedback loops influence the behaviors we have and how to build loops into your everyday life to measure your progress. You'll also learn how to get feedback on long-term behaviors and how to get back on track after slipping up.
- Lesson 25: Common Mental Errors That Sway Your Behavior
- Lesson 26: Feedback Loops
- Lesson 27: How to Stop Making Little “Exceptions” and Hold Yourself Accountable
- Lesson 28: How to Make Motivation Last
- Lesson 29: How to Get Back on Track After Slipping Up
We’ve covered some strategies for breaking bad habits in previous lessons, but this module really digs into the specific things you need to know about why we get hooked on bad habits and how to stop them once and for all.
- Lesson 30: Why It’s So Easy to Get Hooked on Bad Habits
- Lesson 31: How to Spot the Root Causes of a Bad Habit
- Lesson 32: How to Break a Bad Habit Once and For All
- Lesson 33: How to Get Out of the All-or-Nothing Mindset
This module is a collection of additional, unrelated thoughts on how to build better habits. In Module 8, you'll learn about the impact of culture and social situations on your habits, why you should master one thing at a time, how to make habits more resilient, and more.
- Lesson 34: Course Wrap-Up: How to Turn Your Goals Into Reality
- Lesson 35: The Power of Culture and Social Situation to Shape Our Behavior
- Lesson 36: Master One Thing At a Time
- Lesson 37: The Chemistry of Building Better Habits
- Lesson 38: How We Convince Ourselves to Keep Falling for the Same Excuses
- Lesson 39: Self-Awareness
- Lesson 40: Overlap Principle
You will not find another course like this.
The Habits Academy raises the bar for online courses.
Let me tell you what makes this course different…
- Get a clear framework anyone can follow. Most courses are “all parts, but no assembly.” The Habits Academy puts everything together in one, easy-to-understand program.
- Skip the jargon, filler, and fluff. This course is designed to get you results. You'll get everything you need—and nothing you don’t.
- Optimized for busy people. Every lesson in the Habits Academy is less than five minutes. Get life-long impact in a few minutes per day.
- Dive into cutting-edge research (for the nerds). Every lesson is practical and jargon-free, but if you want to geek out on the latest research, you'll find a full list of studies in the footnotes beneath each video.
- Watch any time and on any device. You can watch the course from your mobile device, computer, or tablet.
- Learn at your own pace. Your progress is automatically marked as you take the course. Revisit lessons whenever you want.
No matter how you measure the quality of a course, The Habits Academy is in a class by itself. The ideas are scientifically proven. The lessons are practical. And the format is simple and easy to follow.
- 40 high-quality video lessons, broken up into 8 sharply focused modules.
- Downloadable audio and video versions of each lesson.
- 11 downloadable worksheets to help you put what you learned into action.
- Unlimited access to the course. View it whenever and whenever you like.
- 100% money-back guarantee. If you don't love it, I'll refund you. It's as simple as that.
Secure checkout with SSL. All of our payments are processed by PayPal and Stripe and secured with SSL.
100% Money Back Guarantee
I am confident that you'll be happy with the course. Over 5,700 people have taken my paid trainings on how to build better habits and they almost never ask for a refund.
Of course, if you're not pleased with your purchase, then I think you should get your money back. That's why I offer a 100% money back guarantee that lasts for one year from the date of purchase.
You can take the entire course and if you're not satisfied for any reason during the first year, just let me know and you'll get your money back. I will refund your purchase in full. No questions asked.
Want some numbers you can trust? Last year, less than 1.3 percent of students refunded the course and the average refund was processed in under 72 hours. This is one of the best investments you will make. Guaranteed.
Frequently Asked Questions
I've taught thousands of students how to build better habits and I've received a lot of questions. Here are some of the most common ones.
You get immediate access to all course lessons from the moment you join. And the course layout is incredibly easy to use. You’ll be learning effortlessly just a few minutes from now.
Just click here and sign up.
This course has been designed to deliver the maximum amount of value in the minimum amount of time. Overall, it is about 3.5 hours in length, but it has been cut up into short lessons that are five minutes or less. And you can easily refer back to any lesson or topic whenever needed.
The Habits Academy is a completely self-directed online course, so you can go at your own pace. You decide when you start and when you finish. If you want to dive into everything right now, you can. If you want to learn bit-by-bit, you can do that too. Either way, you'll never lose access to the course content.
I don't claim to be an accountant, but students are often able to get their training reimbursed by their company or write it off as a training expense for their small business.
The Habits Academy comes with an 8-week email accountability course that walks you through each module and provides additional reminders to review course materials. It's like someone is holding your hand through the entire course.
No problem. Every purchase of The Habits Academy is protected with a no-questions-asked, 100% money-back guarantee. It's a risk-free investment on your end.
Nope. Everything you need is in the course.
No problem. Click here and send me an email.
The Habits Academy is loved by thousands of students.
Still not sure if this is right for you? Take a look at the results some of the students are getting.
Jerome loves the memorable stories and proven science.“Man, you're my new guru! Viewing the lessons for a second time. Thoroughly pleased. And impressed that you draw from scientific literature in telling memorable stories that stick. Honestly I'm a tad envious that you've nailed behavioral change so well. I'm a clinical psychologist. Have had excellent mentors and teachers. With no formal training, you've grasped and delivered paramount to those with. Looking forward to learning more from you.”
Gretchen loves the thoughtful and science-backed presentation.“I loved the course! I've been trying to break all this great stuff down into manageable chunks to help my clients develop healthy habits and achieve their personal goals. Your presentation was so thoughtful and on point. I found myself doing many things differently because of it.”
Give me 10 minutes a day for 30 days and
I'll teach you how to build habits that last a lifetime.
This course packs in a lot of value in a short amount of time. Each lesson is five minutes or less, which means you can watch two lessons per day in just 10 minutes.
At that pace, you could finish the entire course in less than 30 days. In other words, give me 10 minutes a day for 30 days and I'll teach you how to build habits that last a lifetime.
Bottom Line: This is the one program you need to learn how to build good habits and break bad ones. Click here and sign up now.
Trainings at Lululemon, Top Golf, Stanford University and Entrepreneur Magazine were delivered in person rather than through the online course. However, the material and concepts taught during the presentations were the same as those offered inside The Habits Academy.