30 Days to Better Habits: A simple step-by-step guide for forming habits that stick.
- Take the guesswork out of habit-building. 11 email lessons walk you through the first 30 days of a habit step-by-step, so you know exactly what to do.
- Get the tools and strategies you need to take action. The course includes a 20-page PDF workbook (including templates and cheatsheets), plus new examples and applications that you can’t find in Atomic Habits.
- Learn a framework that works for any habit. You can use this course to build any good habit – from getting fit, to saving for an early retirement, to daily meditation.
Enroll in the free email course and get your first lesson today
30 Days to Better Habits:
A new email course by James Clear
30 Days to Better Habits is a free 30-day email course by James Clear, author of the New York Times bestseller Atomic Habits. Subscribers receive one short email every three days for a month.
This email course will set you on the path toward a new lifestyle filled with good habits.
Knowing how to change your habits means knowing how to confidently own and manage your days, focus on the behaviors that have the highest impact, and reverse-engineer the life you want.
This free course will teach you the essential elements of creating and maintaining good habits, so you can change your habits to change your life.
Build good habits with proven strategies and step-by-step guidance
- 11 email lessons. Learn exactly what to do, week by week, to build habits that stick.
- 20-page PDF workbook. This PDF includes an action checklist (including templates for key strategies) for each lesson of the course, plus lesson summaries and a key terms dictionary.
- Examples database. Google Sheet with 140+ examples of how to implement each strategy covered in this course for dozens of different habits.
About James Clear
James Clear is a writer and speaker focused on habits, decision-making, and continuous improvement. He is the author of the New York Times bestseller, Atomic Habits. His work has appeared in Entrepreneur magazine, Time magazine, the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal and on CBS This Morning.
His website, jamesclear.com, receives millions of visitors each month and hundreds of thousands subscribe to his popular email newsletter. He is a regular speaker at Fortune 500 companies and his work is used by coaches and players in the NFL, NBA, and MLB.
How is this different from Atomic Habits?
30 Days to Better Habits builds upon the ideas in Atomic Habits. The expectation is that most people who take this course will have read (or are reading) the book.
That said, you don’t need the book to successfully complete the course.
Atomic Habits is the most comprehensive discussion and analysis of what a habit is, how it works, and how to change it. But despite how useful the book is on its own, a lot of people aren't sure where to start, and want some help implementing the material from the book.
In this way, 30 Days to Better Habits and Atomic Habits are complementary. While you should expect many of the core ideas to be the same, the course is full of many new examples and applications that you can’t find in the book. When combined, the book and the course deliver a powerful, 1-2 punch.
Get a sneak peek at the course outline
- Introduction Change Your Habits, Change Your Life
- Lesson 1 How to Choose a Habit That Sticks
- Lesson 2 The Two-Minute Rule for Building Lasting Habits
- Lesson 3 How to Fit New Habits in Your Life
- Lesson 4 How to Design Your Environment for Success
- Lesson 5 How to Make Good Habits Automatic
- Lesson 6 Prime Your Environment to Make Future Habits Easy
- Lesson 7 Two Strategies to Combat Fading Motivation
- Lesson 8 How to Create a Reward that Makes Habits Satisfying
- Lesson 9 Visualize Your Progress and Stay the Course with a Habit Tracker
- Lesson 10 The Role of Family and Friends in Shaping Habits
- Lesson 11 Habit Graduation – Moving from Two Minutes to Mastery