How My Work Will Benefit You
I’m an advocate for useful ideas. The central question I explore through my work is, “How can we live better?”
In other words, I want to find great ideas and explain them in a way that is easy to use and apply to daily life.
My writing focuses on topics like…
- How to start (and stick to) good habits
- How to make good choices and avoid bad ones
- How to accomplish more in less time
- How to create better systems and processes
- How to achieve meaningful results without overwhelming yourself
Most of all, I write about how to put these ideas into practice in daily life.
Most of the concepts I write about aren’t my own. They are ideas I discover and build upon after many hours of reading and research. I look for insights from all fields: architecture, biology, economics, history, mathematics, physics, philosophy, and more. I consider it my job to find the best ideas and explain them in a way that is actionable and easy-to-understand.
Humankind progresses by adding layer upon layer of knowledge. We all benefit from the insights of our ancestors. I like the idea of leaving a great “intellectual inheritance,” and I’m trying to add a little bit of knowledge to the pile by creating this website and sharing my work.
I don’t claim to have all the answers and I still have a lot to learn, but I’m happy to share what I’ve discovered so far. My work isn’t the only way to think about life, but it’s how I think about it. Hopefully, you’ll find it useful as well.
Here are a few notable things about me…
Author of the international bestselling book, Atomic Habits.
- Over 10 million copies sold worldwide.
- Over 1 year on the New York Times bestseller list.
- Translated into 50+ languages.
Creator of jamesclear.com and the popular 3-2-1 weekly newsletter.
- Over 250 articles published.
- Over 2 million email subscribers.
- Over 10 million visitors per year to jamesclear.com.
Speaker at major companies and events.
- I deliver 1-2 speeches per month about habits and continuous improvement.
- Previous clients include Cisco, General Electric, Honda, Intel, LinkedIn, Lululemon, McKinsey & Company, Merrill Lynch, and many more.
- If you are interested in having me speak at your event, please click here to submit a request.
Weightlifter and (former) athlete.
- In college, I was an ESPN Academic All-American as a baseball pitcher.
- Best deadlift — 501 lbs (227 kg)
- Best squat — 425 lbs (192 kg)
- Best bench — 305 lbs (138 kg)
- Best clean — 315 lbs (143 kg)
Contributor to Against Malaria Foundation (AMF).
- Each year, I donate 5% of profit to our charity partner, Against Malaria Foundation.
- AMF distributes nets to protect children, pregnant mothers, and families from mosquitos carrying malaria. It is one of the most cost-effective ways to extend life and fulfills my bigger mission of helping others realize their full potential.
- To date, we have provided nets for over 35,000 people.