What is Decision Making?
Let's define decision making. Decision making is just what it sounds like: the action or process of making decisions.
3 Ways to Improve Your Decision Making Now
- How Willpower Works: Decision Fatigue and How to Avoid Bad Choices
- Design for Default: How to Optimize Your Daily Decisions
- 5 Common Mental Errors That Sway Your Decision Making
Best Decision Making Books
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- Poor Charlie’s Almanack by Charles T. Munger
- Seeking Wisdom by Peter Bevelin
- Decisive by Chip Heath and Dan Heath
Want more great books on decision making? Browse my full list of the best decision making books.
All Decision Making Articles
This is a complete list of articles I have written on decision making. Enjoy!
- How Innovative Ideas Arise
- All Models Are Wrong, Some Are Useful
- The Downside of Work-Life Balance
- The 3 Stages of Failure in Life and Work (And How to Fix Them)
- The Value of Time: How Much is Your Time Really Worth?
- 5 Common Mental Errors That Sway You From Making Good Decisions
- Overrated vs. Underrated: Common Beliefs We Get Wrong
- How Experts Figure What to Focus On
- Warren Buffett's “20 Slot” Rule: How to Simplify Your Life and Maximize Your Results
- The Ivy Lee Method: The Daily Routine Experts Recommend for Peak Productivity
- How to Optimize Your Daily Decisions
- How to Declutter Your Mind and Unleash Your Willpower by Using “Bright-Line” Rules
- Do More of What Already Works
- 5 Lessons on Being Wrong
- Mental Models: How Intelligent People Solve Unsolvable Problems
- A Different Way of Thinking About Productivity
- Warren Buffett's “2 List” Strategy: How to Maximize Your Focus and Master Your Priorities
- Let Your Values Drive Your Choices
- What to Do When You Have Too Many Ideas and Not Enough Time
- How to be More Productive and Eliminate Time Wasting Activities by Using the “Eisenhower Box”
- How Willpower Works: How to Avoid Bad Decisions
- How to Stop Procrastinating by Using the “2-Minute Rule”
- How to Focus and Concentrate Better
Decision Making Research Studies
If you are interested in geeking out on the latest decision making research, then I recommend looking at studies from these top professors:
The History of Decision Making
I’m currently in research mode. I’ll be sharing more about how and when decision making evolved in this section.