Master the secrets of self-control.
Skip to the front of the line:
“I know I want to attend. Let me buy my ticket.”
The Willpower Seminar
Success and self-control are twisted together tighter than two strands of DNA.
The people who can master self-control and display willpower on a consistent basis are more successful than those who can't. Simple as that. Success usually comes down to choosing the pain of discipline over the ease of distraction.
The goal of this seminar is to share practical strategies for mastering self-control that are backed by science and actually work in the real world. If you're serious about succeeding in your health, your work, and your life, then it is essential to understand the truth about what motivates us, what doesn't, and how to leverage your willpower.
How Willpower and Self-Control Impact Your Life
Why does understanding your willpower and self-control lead to increased success?
Consider the following examples:
- Writers who have the self-control to sit down churn out words day after day will produce more work (and better work) than those who don't.
- Athletes who have the willpower to put in an extra hour of practice will outlast their competition on the field.
- Managers who understand how to motivate their employees to deliver on a more consistent basis will drive results through the roof.
- Students who have the discipline to study for an extra 20 minutes each day will get higher test scores.
- Individuals who have the self-control to miss fewer workouts and turn down extra snacks will build more muscle and burn more fat.
- Sales Teams that have the willpower to make more calls each day will end up driving more revenue.
The solutions to our problems are all around us. We know what to do. Now we need to know how to do it more consistently. This seminar will help with that. I guarantee it.
10 Things This Seminar Will Teach You
- Why your emotions can drain your willpower and what to do about it.
- What the strongest motivator in the world is and how to use it effectively.
- Why rewards often fail to motivate people to take action.
- How to use “pre-commitment” to increase your willpower instantly.
- Why trying to get motivated is often a waste of time (and what to do instead)
- How simplicity and “tidying up” are tied to long-term willpower and motivation.
- How to spot de-motivating factors in your environment and remove them for good.
- Why grit is one of the biggest drivers of success and how you can develop it.
- How to use “tiny extremes” to make bigger changes easy and more reasonable.
- How to put your good habits on auto-pilot and stick to your goals regardless of motivation.
Of course, those are just the highlights. I'm very excited to share everything I've learned with you.
Still not convinced? Take a look at what attendees have said on Twitter after attending my seminars.
@james_clear great seminar, I liked the hand drawn graphics and research backing your tips.
— Byron Barnes (@byronicone) February 18, 2015
@james_clear really enjoying the practical examples you're giving (how to avoid watching TV, how to do pushups every day, etc).
— Matthew Bass (@pelargir) February 18, 2015
@james_clear I really enjoyed the mix of science, theory, & practical application in the habits seminar
— Janice Russell (@MYMorg) February 18, 2015
Nicely done @james_clear. I especially like how well you rocked the Q&A.
— Zachary Sexton (@zwsexton) February 18, 2015
— Kate (@slytherin82) September 23, 2011
When, Where, and How to Attend
- Where: This is an online seminar. You can watch it from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Length: 2 hours in total. The seminar will last 90 minutes. This will be followed by 30 minutes of questions and answers.
- Is this different than the Habits Seminar? Yes, the Willpower Seminar is a completely different class.
- Ready to join? Sign up and claim your ticket for The Willpower Seminar below.
- Full access to The Willpower Seminar. Your ticket will give you complete access to the 90-minute seminar. You'll be able to get practical, down-to-earth ideas for mastering motivation and boosting your willpower.
- 30-minute live Question and Answer session. Immediately following the 90-minute seminar will be a live 30-minute Question and Answer session where you'll be able to get answers to the most common questions about how to get motivated and what to do when your willpower fades.
- Full video recording of the entire seminar. In addition to watching the full seminar from your computer, you'll be able to download the complete video recording (.mp4 file) to watch anywhere.
- Full audio recording of the entire seminar. Included in the price of your ticket is a full audio recording of the seminar (.mp3 file). You will be able to download the entire event and take it with you anywhere you please.
- Complete downloads of all slide presentations. Any slides, graphs, charts, and images shared during the presentation will be available for you to download afterward (.pdf file). You'll have access to every piece of information we cover.
I can't wait to see you there!
James P. Clear
P.S. The World's Greatest Guarantee
Plain and simple: This seminar will help you or it's free.
The Willpower Seminar is filled with practical, down-to-earth ideas for getting motivated and changing your behavior for the long-term. I'm confident that you'll be happy with the event. However, if you attend the seminar and hate it, then I think you should get your money back. (Try finding another live event that will match this guarantee. Go to a movie or a sporting event and ask for your money back after you've already seen the show!)
You can breathe easy with this purchase. Everything I create is backed by a satisfaction and effectiveness guarantee. That means if you're not satisfied, I'm not satisfied. Just let me know and you'll get your money back.
Even more testimonials from people who attended the live Willpower Seminar.
@james_clear Love the scientific studies and how seminar is structured. Fave things: Zeigarnik effect, evening exercise, and moral licensing
— Jessica Crees (@jessicacrees) April 22, 2015
@james_clear Workshop was so practical! Hadn't thought about the moral licensing idea before, with respect to linking good and bad behaviors
— Nancy Ging (@NancyGingArt) April 22, 2015
@james_clear Coaching willpower. Will totally steal Micro-Actions from your seminar to help my clients! One of the best 90 min lectures ever
— Niklas Goeke (@NiklasGoeke) April 22, 2015
.@james_clear Thanks again for yet another amazing & insightful seminar. I have no doubt my motivation will forever be improving.
— James McKey (@jmckey) April 22, 2015
@james_clear love the insights and ideas from your motivation seminar :) Love the EXERCISE ideas.
— Jacqueline duPlessis (@jacquelinedupi) April 22, 2015
— lucyhelena (@LucyKamper) April 22, 2015
Love that in your seminar you taught me something I didn't know @james_clear: “Making decisions (even trivial ones) costs willpower.”
— Alysa Passage (@PassageHill) April 22, 2015
@james_clear I loved your willpower seminar and the part on temptation bundling! Really great technique! Thanks for your great work!
— Audrey Sourroubille (@AudreySArnold) July 6, 2015
@james_clear 2015 Motivation & Willpower Seminar: What I found most helpful was the advice to just sit rather than actively try to meditate.
— Jessica Denham (@JessicaMDenham) April 22, 2015
Loving the strategies @James_Clear is sharing in his live workshop about increasing willpower!
— Red Tent Sisters (@redtentsisters) April 22, 2015
Today's Motivation and Willpower seminar by @james_clear was another home run. Favorite nugget? Bolster willpower through daily meditation.
— Quitting the Sitting (@quitthesitting) April 23, 2015
@james_clear I loved your webinar, amazing to see how everything is connected and dependant, willpower-nutrition-sleep-exercise-meditate!
— fitgurme (@fitgurme) April 22, 2015
@james_clear —great seminar on self control and motivation! Zeigarnik Effect is fascinating! Thank you.
— Matthew Theis (@MatthewTheis) April 22, 2015
— celebratefamily (@amarkusich) April 22, 2015
@james_clear Also found the idea of temptation bundling really useful. Thanks for creating this workshop! Can't wait to implement ideas!
— Nancy Ging (@NancyGingArt) April 22, 2015